Monday, June 28, 2010

Late Night Musings Vol. 11

A crucial element to a healthy Christian walk is to submit to the authority of God. I have no problem doing that because I am a rule-follower. To me it is simple, if God says I shouldn’t be sexually immoral, I won’t. If He says He wants me to tithe, I will. If He sets the rule, I will follow. I believe He has put this in me to help me communicate this concept, but also to help keep me above reproach as a man and pastor. To shield me from moral failings and temptations. I thank Him wholeheartedly for that.

I think that most people underestimate the amount of thought, planning, prayer, and preparation that goes into just one weekend’s message. To me there is a beauty in taking a message concept or scripture and finding a way to communicate it in a way that makes sense and takes people on a journey of discovery. God made me a craftsman to help me craft meaningful and effective messages. I take great joy in seeing a rag-tag bunch of ideas come together in a masterpiece. It is a beautiful thing and it helps lead people to real life change.