Thursday, February 19, 2009

Perfection

I have had some song lyrics rolling around my head and they just won’t seem to leave. It is from a new song and the line is, “Perfection is my enemy”. Interesting. Don’t know exactly what they mean by it, but it got me thinking about that idea… perfection.

I would call myself a perfectionist, I like for things to be just right. That is true for me in so many areas, but maybe sometimes I lack that perspective in my walk with Christ. Am I trying to be perfect? I’ll ask you the same question (since you are reading this), are you trying to be perfect? Often we use the excuse, “I won’t ever be perfect, there was only one person who did that”, to justify our desire to sin. We may not ever be perfect on earth, but we still have to try. So I will try to be more perfect that I am today and you commit to the same.

0 comments: