Thursday, July 1, 2010

Late Night Musings Vol. 12

It is one thing to want to teach, it is another to formulate your thoughts, and it is something altogether different to actually stand in front of a room full of people and say it. Not just to say it either, but to communicate it effectively. Communication requires that you be engaging, concise, accurate, collected, comfortable, organized and confident. Most of these things come from experience. I know that is why God made me a performer. I know that public speaking is one of the number one fears people have, but honestly, for me, it’s not stressful. That doesn’t mean that it isn’t important or it is easy, but all it means is that experience has made it easier. Like I always say, “If you aren’t a little bit nervosa before you step on stage, something isn’t right.” But I am comfortable on stage which allows me to let go and have confidence. It also makes it easier knowing I am delivering God’s message and not mine. Knowing that I can always speak with confidence and authority standing on God’s Word (not literally, although scripture is written on the beams under the stage…).