Sunday, July 4, 2010

Late Night Musings Vol. 13

As a pastor I think it is critical to continually be learning and growing. This requires careful study and reflection. What I am writing right now is a part of this process. I need to constantly be learning more about God’s Word and what He wants me to do about it. I have found that I don’t learn much about stuff I really don’t care about. Social Studies is a good example (sorry History buffs). Although its somewhat interesting, I really don’t care much about History books, I am much more concerned about the future. Not that history isn’t important; I’ll just let someone else study it. Understand that when I say I’m not interested in History I am not including the Bible in that, it’s not just a history book. I learn things I ascribe value to. You put something in front of me about how the interaction between Jesus and the woman with the bleeding condition in Luke 5 and how it made it possible for Jesus to raise Jairus’ daughter from the dead, now you have my attention! I love to learn, I love to grow, and I have to as a pastor.